Course registration is easy to do online. If it’s your first time registering for a class, you will be prompted to create your own secure registration profile. Once you’re registered on the website you can log in at any time to register for a class, check your registration status, cancel a class or check on your progress towards a credential.
You may only register for classes currently scheduled. For a current class schedule please check the calendar
or download the current course guide
. The 2020 Winter-Spring Course Guide is now available. Download today
to start planning for next year.
Note: Some courses may have prerequisites such as limitations on who may attend or prior completion of another course or equivalent may be required. If you have not completed your profile correctly, you may not be able to register for a class. Please contact the Institute office if you are not able to register for a course you are qualified to attend.
Step-by-Step Registration Instructions
You may enroll in a credential program online. The system will guide you through the enrollment process and to create your own secure registration profile. Once you’re enrolled in a credential you may log in at any time to register for a class, check your registration status, cancel a class or check on your progress towards a credential.
Click on Credential Enrollment and follow the credential enrollment instructions.
Registration Policies and Fees
The Institute strives to maintain a low cost for CSAC members and affiliates. All county elected officials and county staff are eligible to register at the member rate. Staff from county-partner Community-Based Organizations, CSAC Corporate Partners and CSAC Affiliate Members are also eligible to register at the member rate. Current registration fees can be found here
- Substitutions – Substitutions may be sent upon e-mail notification to the Institute at no charge, EXCEPT for individuals enrolled in a pre-paid credential packages. NO substitutions are allowed for individuals in a credential package.
- Cancellation — Registrations may be cancelled by logging into your account, e-mail or calling up to seven days in advance of the class. Refunds will be issued less a $20 handling fee. There are no refunds or credits for a cancellation within seven days of a class.
- No Show – No refunds will be issued for no shows or for cancellations less than seven days in advance of a class.
- Non-County Registration – Others may register for Institute courses on a space-available basis at the “non-member” rate.
- Credential and Fellow Package Registration – Discounted packages are available to purchase. Participants who register under a package may not send substitutes. Package registrations are not transferable and no refunds are available for unused portions of a package. Course cancellations may be made seven or more days in advance with no penalty. Cancellations within seven days and no shows will be charged against the participant’s account, and as a result Credential package participants may have to pay individually for their final class(es).
Classes in Sacramento are held at the Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG)
or the Sacramento Masonic Temple
in downtown Sacramento. You can find the specific class location by visiting the Upcoming Courses
page and selecting the class your are attending. There are several parking lots that range from $12 - $25/day within a few blocks of the SACOG and the Sacramento Masonic Temple. See downtown Sacramento parking map here
Institute courses are also held in other locations
throughout the state. Please see course schedule
for locations outside of Sacramento. Course confirmations will include exact class location. Please allow a little extra time for travel and parking if you are unfamiliar with the location.